Wednesday, November 29, 2006

lost somewhere in time

been in a bit of a funk lately.

but clear blue sky mornings always make me feel better.

and driving to work on a clear blue sky morning, with the windows down and the cult’s sonic temple blaring out at full blast (this song in particular), through mist covered little baliem, with hardly any traffic and the promise of a steaming mug of coffee, works wonders.

“don’t you know paradise takes time”, indeed.



9 comments:

Ms J said...

oh, i can just imagine you in the car with the music machine blaring away! boy, i sure miss our 8am phonecalls!

mal said...

At 8.00am, I'm still snuggled up against my lovely Aussino bedsheet and comforter dreaming away...

lita said...

miss j - we can still have 'em babes... you just need to call me at 6pm!

mal - sigh, some people have all the luck.

mal said...

Still curled up in bed at 8am out of exhaustion isnt really lucky. The earliest I leave office is 9 or 10pm. Some days its until 1am or worse 6am. Then its an hour to reach home. Don't let me get started about being called back to office during weekends and holidays or even the homeworks I bring back home. So I'm not lucky, just insanely obtuse. But there is a decision I am contemplating to make soon that will change things. Damn, I hate thinking... am so used to being a mindless hippie..

Anonymous said...

Lita- you and your loud music!

Mal- yes I remember your hippie days....

lita said...

mal - i bring work home too. usually its just to work my biceps coz the minute i get home i chuck them by the side of the bed and grab whatever book i'd been reading (just started "watchmen" - damn!) (an hour to reach home? and i though I lived kat hujung dunia!)

diaz -mesti! bila lagi la, kalau kat rumah nanti neighbour pindah..

mal said...

Diaz - my hippy days eh. Did u get that from my blog or do i know you?
Lita, yup an hour or so from Ampang to Kota D'sara. On my insane driving days, its about 25 minutes. Watchmen is lovely kan! My favourite character is of course Rorschach. Which chapter are u on? Try getting Ricardo Barreiro's Moving Fortress. That's beautiful. Also try getting Alan Moore's The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen or even Kazuo Koike's Lone Wolf and Cub. You wouldn't happen to have the full Appleseed manga would you?

lita said...

mal - you work in ampang? *you* are not my bald sexy neighbour from across the block are you? with your feet up on the table late last night (with black socks on) in total concentration??

chapter? erm, the chapter where rorschach gets caught. disturbing. manga takde, sorry.

mal said...

Unfortunately, I'm not. Such a divine compliment is not mine to stroke to my breast. I've never had my feet or other people's feet on the table. Ure in Ampang? Tea? Awww poor Rorschach... He deserves a better end. Ooops... : ). Ahh.. nothing like books and graphic novels.